Sunday, February 14

A Little Late but Something New

For obvious reasons, we have no pictures where all five of us are together. Inspired from a favorite person, I decided that I wanted to join in on a new goal for 2010. Once a month, I am going to organize some kind of family self-portrait. Hand held, timer or grab someone else to take it. Join me. Just DO IT!!! I want to also jot down a couple of things that are going on with us. Things that I know I will forget. Then at the end of the year I will put them together and bind them in a book. I have to force myself to make it a goal so that we might actually get a couple shots of us all together throughout the year.

Photobucket
This one is us all together while waiting in the waiting room of the VA hospital in Salt Lake. As some of you might know, my father has been there for almost two weeks now. He went into a coma and scared all of us for a bit. Since Friday, he has made significant progress and seems to be coming out slowly. We are all just trying to be patient while he takes baby steps forward. Needless to say, it has been a long past couple of days where a lot of thinking and prayers have been made. We have all grown in our own little ways.

January Notes:
*Elijah pulls himself up and is getting into EVERYTHING. My plants are being ripped to shreds and I watch Sitani play with him. He will lift him up and carry him around. Elijah doesn't seem to mind. He is very laid back and smiles a lot. Sitani has tried to tackle and wrestle with him but I don't think we are there quite yet. I have to remind Sitani that he is still too little.

*Marley is obsessed with "My mommy said" or "My daddy said". She is very motherly and makes sure we are all taken care of especially Elijah. She has absolutely no desire to eat anything healthy. We are struggling in that department. She even turned down grandma's cookies so she wouldn't have to eat her salad.

*Sitani is obsessed with letters. He identifies them in things he sees. He thinks that the letter "S" is just for him and no one else. He carries a pen and notepad around the house just writing down letters and drawing the cutest stick people. I think I am so excited for him to get to go to preschool next year. He also has the funniest imagination. I catch him daily saying and doing things that crack me up. I know I say this about every stage but ... I LOVE THIS STAGE!!!

*Haini is having a GREAT time with his classes. Hahaha.
*I got my hair cut and am now being FORCED to curl it. That usually happens only once a week.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Marley has an "Owie" under her eye because she was spinning around and around. Haini warned her to stop or she would fall. Well she did...
Photobucket
My friend Jenny made this cute cute cute hat for Elijah. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Photobucket
I was so excited when I got this first shot. Because my kids eyes are so dark, it is so hard to get light into their eyes. I happened to shoot it just as the sun was shining brightly through my window. He had no idea, too. He just happened to be sitting like that. He is a little poser.

2 comments:

  1. Kristi I have been thinking a lot about you lately ever since you told me about your dad :( We have been praying for him know that we are here for you if you ever need anything.

    Love the update on the family fave is Sitani claiming the "S" you tell em Sitani..lol!

    Luv keeping up with your CUTE & ADORABLE family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your dad is doing better.
    Also, I love the idea of a family picture every month.

    ReplyDelete