Wednesday, December 28

a step back

I'm totally obsessed with silhouettes lately.  I feel like, in a way, it helps me take the focus off of all the little things I try to expect or anticipate in a photograph and it forces me to just take a step back and see. It is a fun new adventure for me and I couldn't get enough of it with this beautiful family.  I was so nervous, as usual, to do a session with a new family.  Even though they may be people I have known a long time, I still get unsure of how things will go.  But what I'm quickly realizing, is that a session never goes how I expect.  That is what I love about doing photography.  It is so unexpected and like a game to see what you end up with in the end.
These guys are in our ward.  I remember when Spencer returned home from his mission.  Marley was really little and she would always giggle and flirt with him.  I remember when he married Crystal and I thought he was such a lucky guy because she is gorgeous!  Now they have two beautiful children and I can hardly believe it.  Life goes so fast.
I really admire this cute lil family.  They are both in school at BYU, he just finished his Senior year playing football, and they are both extremely loaded with responsibility.  I am still amazed at how they do it with their two young ones.  I am also really impressed with Crystal.  She has such a kind heart and is always trying to be the best mom she can be.  She is not a woman of the world but has her heart in the right place.  I wish only the best for this beautiful family.  Thanks for letting me spend a couple hours with you guys. :)



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Aww....you are so sweet, Kristi! Thank you so much! We loooove the photos! And you are so right about things not turning out how you expect them too. In this case, they turned out even better than I could've imagined! Thank you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete