Thursday, November 11

shutting down for a bit

So I am currently shut down and freaking out about it. My mac crashed on me. I had to take it all the way to Salt Lake because Utah only has one apple store. BAD NEWS--- They told me that my hard drive crashed and I would have to buy a new one and get it installed. They said they would do all the labor for free but couldn't guarantee that my photos would be saved. I am sick to my stomach about this. All my photos are backed up on cd's except for 2010. rrrrrr.
Plus I did three photo sessions last week and haven't saved them to cd's yet and most likely they will be erased.
I'm preparing for the worst but praying for the best.
Please join me in PRAYER. hahaha :)

(I also have three photo shoots for this week and so lets hope I get my computer back soon.)

why, why, why? does this happen to me now. RRRRRR
(my new word of the day: external hard drive...seriously)

9 comments:

  1. Oh that sucks! Do you want me to bring one of our latops with us next week? It isn't a mac but I do have photoshop....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no apple store in utah county . Got to do my homework need a computer soon shucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's terrible. We lost some of our pictures when our computer crashed last year. I didn't give up finally I found someone that could get them back. It took a year but I have my pictures again. I'll pray they can save your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! Good luck! I hope you can get your pictures back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever heard of carbonite that stores all you files of sight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last year My laptop crashed, my home computer crashed AND my external hardrive crashed. Luckily I remembered I had backed up my photos on zip drives. and some talented IT students worked for a couple of months to recover the rest--for the price of lunch. Now I have everything backed up on 2 external harddrives!

    Thanks for the reminder to backup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sad. I wish your computer a happy and fast recovery from Dr.Apple himself...lol But most importantly I wish your photos the best! I just learned about external harddrives among all the other backups.Good Luck you can always come over and use my computer until your computer comes back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yikes! That does stink! I hope they can fix it and you get your photos back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry!!! I'm crossing my fingers that the smarty pants at the Apple Genius bar can help you. And, for future reference, the Time Machine function on my Mac saved my life during the last few weeks of my master's, when I accidentally deleted half of my project. It's the easiest way to back up your Mac. Good luck getting to your files!

    ReplyDelete