Sunday, January 9

2010 Favorite Books

These are a few of my favorite books from 2010. Each one hit me in a special way.
I've got a huge list of books I'm excited to read in 2011.

This book left me feeling like I wanted to find the perfect spot to settle down and raise my kids. Ocean salt, collecting seashells, fresh fruits and vegetables, lots of cousins close by, live music, hot home-cooked meals, endless Saturdays playing together, and sitting on a patio swing while watching the sunset. This book is my dream world.

This book was AMAZING, eye-opening.
It channeled my almost-there thinking as far as the Art of teaching children.
My favorite chapter was the one about "the importance of Play."

I loved his first book so much that I got this one. It led me to a more personal experience.

Children's Literature is my weakness. I spend more money on books than clothes or toys.
I read a read-a-loud everyday to my class.
This one was one that stuck out.
I love the lessons that can be taught.

This is by far my most favorite and inspiring photography book. It seemed like I had to wait for weeks till it came in the mail and then I carried it around everywhere just hoping that I would have a chance to read it. I could read it over and over. Anyone interested in photography, should get it. It doesn't teach about technicals stuff but just inspires and make you see how photos are so special.

Another favorite was this $15 book from Ikea.
I LOVE the photography and it contains my dream of design.
It is what I call my "SomeDay" book.

I read this one in just a couple of days. I couldn't put it down.
It gives a lot of advice for starting your own creative freelance business.

This was a fun chapter book to read to the kids. Each chapter was full of imagination.

Someday I want to take this book and paint the lyrics on Marley's room. It is a book I will read over and over to her even when she is in high school. It teaches about loving yourself. The illustrations are going to be framed and hung up for her to see. I love it!!

So this one might seem like a funny one. Not the most intellectual but I was soooooo excited when I saw this book. I had to get it. I have loved and been inspired by Roxy ads for years. This book is just full of photography that I am drawn to look at. I love the sun. I love the colors. I love the beach. I love the clothes. I love the shaggy uncut hair. I love that these women are strong athletes living their dreams and enjoying each day. I love the graphic design that Roxy uses. I call this book "Inspiration."
I'm sure all of us have favorite books that inspired each of us in 2010. I'd love to hear your favorites and why. I'm always looking for a good book.

6 comments:

  1. Some of my favorites: anything by T.D Jakes, Joel Osteen, or Joyce Meyer; Hearts in Atlantis, Lisey's story, Under the dome, the girl who loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King; Love in the time of cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Favorites.. The Alchemist By Paulo Cohlo. Teahouse of the August Moon by Vern Sneider. Chess Story By Stefan Zweig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goood books make great thinkers and people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristi.. me again.. not sure if you read these comments but I enrolled in an "art of the book" class this semester and it's all about making artistic books... ie.. boxes that fold out into books when you open them, accordian style books that fold out into maps... books made from computer parts or stone or whatever you can think of... well it made me think of you and you'll have to call me and help me brain storm sometime :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post. It's fun to see what others are reading. We'll be checking a few of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun post! I want to check out "the element." your photography books look real fun too. love your selections.

    ReplyDelete