Tuesday, June 14

a wild rainy morning

I thought I had made every mistake yet, with this little photography thing I am doing, but No No No... I made yet another mistake.  I think artists are often times so cluttered and flabbergasted.  I know I am.  I have done almost every wrong thing in the book.  Here was another one.
Mistake #121-  Always get your clients information (preferably their phone number, ahhh ahhh) so when there is a mix up in locations, you are able to call and meet up. (so genius)

I met Nativa about 10 years ago when she came to visit her  brother who was dating my cute hottie roomate.  She e-mailed and said that she was going to be in Santaquin for the weekend and wanted to meet up to do a session for a father's day gift.  
We knew it was a gamble with the May rain but she was only here for a weekend and I thought we could just give it a shot. We agreed to meet up at 10 at a park in Salt Lake.  Just as we were arriving I got her call saying that they were almost there, too.  I thought... "perfect,  no rain, beautiful flowers, it will all work out."  I walked all over the park up and down the street, I checked inside buildings. Haini had the kids and walked all over too, looking for them.  
Since it was kind of a blind set-up, I was nervous in the first place. When I couldn't find them, I panicked. I looked at my phone and thought, I'd just give her a ring. It showed an unmarked number so I called it. I kept getting a voicemail saying that it was a government phone and that it couldn't go through. I thought maybe they had used a public phone or something.  I facebooked her brother to get her number. I e-mailed her but nothing.  I was panicking and not even thinking straight.

I'm crazy, I know.

40 minutes passed and still I couldn't find them. I saw a black cloud coming.  AHhhh!!! My worst nightmare)

She finally called me and turns out they were waiting at another park for almost 40 minutes.  
So confused.

It was crazy.  We met up and, of course, it started raining.  The whole session was rain.  Smudge on my camera and not exactly the most ideal for sitting on a blanket and playing with your freezing baby.  :(

We did our best and they were great sports.  I felt horrible. It was all my fault. I should of had her contact number before the session. Now I know... lesson learned... I seem to learn everything through mistakes I've made.

The worst part of it is that after all that, I got in our truck to go home and realized that my phone had been on "Missed Calls" and not "All Calls".  I just got a new iphone and obviously don't know how to use it yet.  Sure enough, I clicked to "All Calls" and there it was an unmarked number she called me from.  The number I had been calling was a missed call from WIC from the previous day.

Lets just say,  I have sooooooo much to learn and I still feel like such a beginner.

She was dressed sooo cute and he was just super adorable (loved the suit by the way). I hope I can do a session with them again, without the rain, when they come again. This one is on me.   :)  I owe you guys big time.

Thanks for being a good sport Nativa. :)  I hope your hubby enjoys them.  Your boy is ubber-cool.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Photobucket



3 comments:

  1. Totally random but I love her bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..No the pictures still turned out great! I'm sure my sister will have you take pics again...Maybe you can take our pics as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to. just so I can see u guys. finally. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete