Thursday, January 29

Barber-Shop Bonding



This has become some weird kind of bonding time for Sitani and Haini.  Sitani loves to sit on the rotating D.I. chair we have because he is actually high enough he can see himself in the mirror.  Haini will turn up the music and shut the door to our barbershop/bathroom.  After about 1/2 hour later Sitani will yell, "Mommy, look at my hair!"  Usually I just glance in and think to myself, "Why doesn't Haini just draw on paper if he wants to make designs?  Why does he have to use Sitani's hair as an experiment?  Then I see how excited Sitani is with the music up and daddy time.  I think to myself that it is only hair and in the long run he will remember the times together with his barbershop daddy.  Besides it is something that Haini likes doing and he doesn't ever try to stop me from doing all the crazy things I try to experiment doing.  He never laughs at my photos or my messed-up sewing projects(blankets, ties, dresses, skirts, and everything else under the sun).

12 comments:

  1. I seriously need some tips from Haini!!! I think I'm going to steal that idea with the daddy bonding time. Every time I try to bump my music though my 4 yr old tells me its too loud and then I feel uncool but its really not that loud....The next time we go to Manti were stopping by your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that's pretty talented. That is art! And good job Sitani for sitting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have the right attitude about it--its just hair and they are bonding. You are such a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Haini I'm next. I need a good haircut that will grab the attention when I go in for a job interview. How about a picture of a skiier carved on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one cool mom Kristi. Not every mom would let their kid have cool designs in their hair.

    PS I like Daniel's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a Speed Racer Track. How cool. I can only hope that Preston feels as comfortable around hair clippers as Sitani

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother & his friends would shave those crazy designs in their heads for football & basketball.

    He did a great job! It looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi, I put an email link at the bottom of the sidebar on my blog. Shoot me an email and we can write back and forth that way.

    I like the art on your little guys head! I think it is a fun and can change often; really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is ART! That is incredible...all of his lines are really straight and everything. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always curious to see what design Sitani will come to church with. George and I have thought about asking Haini to cut Carlos' hair... but we're pretty sure he won't be as cooperative as Sitani is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of by favorite memories if of my dad cutting my hair. I fact one of my favorite this this the old clipper he used.

    Love,
    Grandpa Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of by favorite memories if of my dad cutting my hair. I fact one of my favorite this this the old clipper he used.

    Love,
    Grandpa Thomas

    ReplyDelete