Thursday, June 25

5 YEARS!!!!

Today is our 5 Year Anniversary. Wowsers. It has gone so fast. I totally look up to and love to hear those stories of cute lil couples who have been married for 30+ years. I always imagine being an old grandma with a cute little white house and a swing on the front porch. A sign will hang that says "Heinrich and Martha's House". We recently saw the movie "UP".
Disney-Pixar's UP
The punchline has totally has stuck with me. All I can say is that you need to watch it and then you'll understand how awesome life can be with an eternal companion. I was strongly reminded that you don't need to go on these huge vacations and experience these big adventures to create memories. Sometimes it is just the simple things in life, like eating ice-cream together, that are adventurous and memoriable. That is us to a "tee." Everyday with Haini is an adventure. Just having someone by my side to keep me laughing (even if it is laughing at me) has been such a blessing. Life is full of ups and downs and hard times but if you can laugh through it all you just might come out alive. Needless to say, we are still alive.

LOOKING BACK...
Photobucket
Our First Date... we were both too nervous to eat anything. I think I ate 3 fries that night.
Photobucket
The Dating Days
Photobucket
The Engagement Days
Photobucket
The Big Day
Photobucket
That Wonderful First Year
Photobucket
Then Sitani was born...
Photobucket
Then came Marley
Photobucket
And... here we are until the next monkey joins us in a couple of weeks.
Photobucket
I saw a cute quote yesterday that said,
"FAMILY" We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
I love it. I'm so excited to see what the next 5 years brings us.

8 comments:

  1. I love that quote - how perfect. You guys are so cute and you are both great parents. I always think about you guys when I wonder how to do something with Preston because I admire your parenting skills. Know that we admire you guys! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome little family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you both. I love seeing all the old pictures. It really does fly by so fast. Here I am going on 8! And Im like, seriously?! Yeah, but life is good. Wishing you both an eternity more of wonderful years together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! You guys are a match made in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Can't wait for the newest little one to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Congrats on your 5 year mark! I love all the pictures looking back over the last 5 years. Your family is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun-I cried when I saw UP... it was a cute movie-not really for kids in my opinion. Anyway, I love your family pic-so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on five years! It definitely is an accomplish, but not really because it's God's grace. I'm sure you can attest to that, too. :]

    ReplyDelete