Saturday, June 6

Da BYU Bike

Found these in my car one morning along side a beautiful bag of Sweedish Fish. I asked Haini what the big occasion was and he just smiled and said,          
 "It's SUMMER!!!"  
Photobucket
I also found this in one of our closets way back in December. I asked Haini why there was an old oatmeal can with the lid taped down.  He told me that Sitani and Marley were going to save change for a bike.  For the past six months every time they found change or we had left over change, they would go put it in the oatmeal jar.  They knew they were saving to buy a bike for Sitani because Marley was still too little but I think Marley got more excited every time she got to donate to the jar.  They would go a couple times to look around at bikes and back in February Sitani found a BYU bike and decided that was the one.  
Photobucket
Well, just last week, we cashed in the change and they got to go and buy that BYU bike.   Marley was still just as excited and Sitani has been so patient to help her ride the bike too.  Now we taped up the jar again and will be saving for a bike for Marley next summer when she is bigger. Sitani has told me over and over that she wants a pretty princess bike.  
Photobucket
He is such a good brother.  I love it!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
We are also getting ready for the baby.  It will be here before we know it.  Only 5 more weeks and maybe a couple of late weeks after that. We are soooooo excited and mommy can't wait so she can actually bend over to pick up toys without doing a funny looking ballerina leg lift.  
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Haini is so sweet. You are a very lucky wife. And your kids are super cute. I can't wait to see the next little monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like summer fun is in full sweep at your place. Good luck with the last few weeks of prego-cy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a special post. Without sounding too sappy - way to teach your kids! They share, they save, they learn patience and they are good friends.

    I still idolize everything you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, your kids are SO cute and Sitani is such a good older brother. I love the BYU bike! I want a bike for the summer, so I think I should tape up an oatmeal can and start saving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was inspiring to hear how they are so little, but they still got the idea of saving! Ethan has a piggy bank that we put money into, but maybe he needs a saving goal, too.

    ReplyDelete