Wednesday, September 30

ONE LOVE

So my little sister Elizabeth just happened to visit me a couple months ago with her cute lil family. She made a comment on how bare my walls are. Hahaha. I just always thought that I would wait to decorate when I had my own house. Well that waiting has turned into almost four years of bare walls. Something hit me... Maybe you will never own your own house. Hahaha!!! So we decided what are we waiting for. We found an old frame at the D.I for only $5.00. It was really sturdy and had the canvas with it. I spray painted the frame black but I wish I would have taken a picture of it before because it was this ugly gold frame. Here's what it looked like after I spray painted the frame.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Then I painted the canvas white... a couple layers. The missionaries came over for lunch and this was hanging on our wall. I'm sure they were thinking that was the ugliest/strangest painting ever.
Photobucket
Then with a lot of thought, I decided to paint this lyric on it. Why? because whenever we all go together in the truck, Marley always asks for "One Love". It is her favorite song and it just melts my heart when I hear her sing just this line.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I hope this painting always reminds me that my children are growing up too fast and that I shouldn't procrastinate things for a future day when maybe I have my own house or when we have more money. These fun little toddler years will be gone too fast and I want to remember every second of their little squeaky voices and funny sentences.
They also got to get in some serious painting time as well. Marley ate most of the paint but managed to get some on her paper (and clothes).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was so excited that we got something up on our walls that only cost around $11.00 ($5.00 frame, $3.00 in scrapbook paper and 3.00 for paint). I will never buy a new frame. I got so excited about fixing up the old frame that I also found two more frames and spray painted them black, too. I love it because they don't match, they came with glass and they only cost me $2.00. I am still looking for one more for Elijah's picture.
Photobucket
Now that our walls are all decorated these monkeys just sit around and cuddle.
Photobucket
My next project is a Volkswagon painting for James and Elizabeth. I still owe you one from like a thousand years ago.

8 comments:

  1. So you now have something very special on your walls

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha
    Dang girl, you are creative! I love it. And your monkeys are adorable.
    We'll have to come visit again and see them in person. They paintings and the Monkeys. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow creative! I looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute picture of your kids! They look all innocent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! You are too talented for words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also had a similar wake up call this fall when I realized my walls were still blue and green and I wasn't likely going anywhere soon; so I decided to face the facts and take the last step to truly move in by painting. Next is the wall hangings. I'll try the D.I. and some spray paint too. That's a good idea.

    When you think you'll never get a home of your own; think of Mom and Dad who had five I believe in a single wide trailor until they built their first home. We didn't know the difference and look how close we all are. You guys are doing alright. We all do what we need to as the Lord the directs our paths. That big yard is in your near future and so is a lawn mower and rake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Kristi, you are so creative! Thanks for the tip, I am going to D.I for the frames. Our walls are bare too. Love your blog,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi-

    I love that you let your kids get so messy! I definitely need to learn to loosen up about that. Dirt's fine, but I'm not so sure about paint! :]

    ReplyDelete