Tuesday, March 2

I Can Tell That This is Going to be Hard

I can't believe how fast February flew by and here I am with my goal idea from a favorite person . I am not sure I like this idea of posting pictures of me. There is a reason why I like the camera in my hands. :D I am not the most photogenic person but I think later in life I'm sure I will get over my selfish-unimportant-vanity and will be thankful for some kind of family pictures together.

We had our 2nd grade Patriotic Program this month and I was taking pictures with my students afterward. One AWESOME and totally FANTASTIC mom had read my "blog goal" and said that we needed a family picture. She took these for us. I was so happy because we hadn't gotten a shot as a family for February. Then without the help of Haini (thank you very much) I realized that this is going to be harder than I thought. Not only do I not like pictures, my husband is quite the PILL, too. He absolutely would not cooperate. Hmmmm!!! :) (Thank you Julie for the shots)

<span class=
<span class=
<span class=

Like I said, February flew by so fast. We have been spending weekends at the hospital/rehab center with my mom and dad. He is improving a little each day.

Valentines day was fun... I kept buying chocolate and goodies and then we would end up eating them before Valentines (note to self: procrastinate on the gifts until the night before).
I did make an angel food heart-shaped cake with yummy strawberries the night before. Haini came home from work at about 11:30 at night. We ate it together and "no" it never actually lived long enough to make it to Valentine's Day.
I did give the kids a sucker (that had been saved since Christmas). hahaha. They were super ecstatic to be able to FINALLY eat them.

Elijah is growing at a rapid rate and doubling in weight as I type. He is a PLANT-EATING MONSTER, too.
No teeth yet, just lots of money spent on formula. Our most expensive baby yet.
He is a content, mellow, quiet little guy.
Sitani continues to try to tackle him while I am not looking. He can't wait for him to grow up.
Elijah continues to just smile and laugh as those two monkeys try to pick him up and carry him around.
I have become a Cheerio/Kix picker-upper machine, too.
I'm so thankful he is healthy.

Marley has an on-going war with Haini. Those two pick at each other constantly. It usually goes like this.
She will say "I can't do it." (when she really can). He will say, "Marley, yes you can." He will wait patiently until she does it and then she will smile and say in a cheerful angelic voice, "Daddy, I did it." He will smile an unpatient and fake smile and say, "See I knew you could do it." She will run her merry little way like she is just the sweetest piece of sugar ever. He will usually look at me and just roll his eyes and say, "See? Boys are so much easier." In the meantime, I catch them giving umas (kisses) and snuggling together. She even woke up one night, crying, "I want my daddy." hmmm
Marley has also told us that she cannot get married in the temple. I asked her why not. She responded by saying, "I just wet my bed." We will work on that. :)

Sitani did a part in primary this Sunday. He memorized and practiced it all last week. He would find funny props to put together to pretend he was at the podium with a mic. He used pillows, toys and all sorts of imaginable objects. When it came time for him to do it, he went up to the mic and practically ate it. It was soooo loud. He did so well. I couldn't tell if I was crying because I was so proud of him or if he was so hilarious. Afterward, he ran down and tripped on his way. That kid is something else. He never stops moving around and he thinks faster than I can keep up with.
He carries around a pen and paper all day. His stick people are adorably cute.
He has dreams and will mutter and groan around in his sleep like an old hound dog.

I am glad that February is over... getting closer to nicer weather and summer break. I am still dreaming of one day owning a real camera, but in the mean time I feel like we are getting closer to maybe moving out of our lil apartment. Life is moving forward but I have to remind myself to just enjoy each day.
Haini planned a date and got his sister and husband to come watch the kids one night. That was fun. It has been so long that we forgot about the whole "making reservations" thing. We spent more of the night going around to different restaurants and waiting to get seated then we actually spent eating. That is okay. I didn't mind. We got to be together.

He is doing his midterm this week and working. He is trying to run with the rugby team in his spare time, too. He also cooks, cleans, and does his laundry just to help me out.

Our T.V. is completely dead. That is okay, too.

I finally found another old framed canvas at the D.I. I am excited to spray paint the frame and try to think of something to put on it. That will be a fun project for us to do in March.

I'm excited for March. I'm excited for our lives to keep growing.

5 comments:

  1. :) Nice post... I need to be better about updating my blog too. I just am always so dang busy. But I am preaching to the choir so I'll try better.
    HAHAHAHA-That pic of Haini cracks me up! And Marley and his relationship somehow makes me think Isabel and Carlos' will be like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is good, even when it is crazy busy and stressful. Your kids are so cute. I was practically laughing out load while I read Sitani's sacrament story.
    I love the family portraits. keep them comin eventually you'll have enough picture to photo shop a full image of Haini's head. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Glad those pictures got taken. I was inspired by this challenge, so we to are doing the monthly pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute and positive, I wish you would rub off o me a little bit! Please send some of your happiness, energy, and enthusiasm my way!

    I love the pictures! (Isn't Julie great!) You are so adorable, I don't know why you don't like your picture taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that your classroom? So cute. I love all the pictures and the updates. I'm glad that Feb is gone too...I have spring fever!

    ReplyDelete