Sunday, March 9

It was only an Attempt

It was our first official attempt to catch a rare and precious family portrait where we would all be together.  Laura and Mark mistakably volunteered to be our photographers.  (Thank you so so so much)  After a lot of waiting and much thinking I came to the conclusion that we could take a family picture right outside our apartments in front of this beautiful stone wall (but we won't mention the freeway behind that wall).  My precious time of thinking and imagining this picture were wasted and the idea was totally shot down when Haini came home from work and began laughing at the idea of our family outside trying to take a picture in front of the freeway not to mention with all of our neighbors staring at us like they already do anyway.  
So I guess that was a really bad idea that I had (and I admit that it was) because Mark and Laura were laughing at the thought of it as well.  That is why I am married to Haini. He keeps me hooked to reality because sometimes I get so excited at an idea and my mind can only focus on that one thing.  In this case, I really wanted to have this amazingly creative and original family picture. (He even knows me so well that he chuckled when he told me that he imagined that I had been spending my whole day thinking of that location, which is so true.) 
So on with my story... we decided to do it in our living room.  First we duck taped this white sheet behind us and sat on our futon. It was only to be followed by Sitani climbing all over us and Marley screaming because she was hungry while Laura moved around with the camera and attempted to catch my vision and Mark sat on the beanbag and tried not to laugh at us all.  
Then we decided to go with Haini's idea and sit on the wicker chairs. Needless to say, here is what we got and I really like them. Laura did a great job (and Mark did, too) and I am just so excited that we actually have at least just one picture of us all together. I feel really terrible because Laura and Mark totally missed their Saturday session of Stake Conference. (Sorry) I am so thankful for you guys. It means a lot to me to finally have a picture together.






10 comments:

  1. The photo turned out well. The stone wall probably WOULD have been a nice background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. They are beautiful. Laura did a great job and you and Haini made some cute kids to add to the family so i give props to you too.

    You took some really cute pictures of Mark and Laura as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pictures as well. your kids are so cute. We should get together, sam and haini do, but i want to, even if its games in your apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes.. we totally need to get together soon. I'm up to whatever. Our kids have been sick so we haven't gone out much but hopefully they will be getting over it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! You all look wonderful and so "yourselves". Those are the best pictures. Laura did a great job!! and I love the one of her with Mark!!
    Isn't family the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the pictures. Marley's shirt is too cute. I think the brick wall was a great idea - you can't hear the freeway through a photo. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them!!! I wouldn't have ever of known they were taken with a sheet behind you!! Laura and Mark you guys did great!! So cute - what a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seriously have a beautiful family. JOn, Luke, and I never get to take a picture all together. I hate that too! I loved your story behind the whole taking the picture thing. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We shouldn't admit this but we were kind of glad to miss stake conference. However, we don't feel too bad because for the last 3 stake conferences they have addressed the Family Proclamation and asked the newly wed couples to memorize it.

    So after having a blast taking pictures we went out to eat and "talked" about the family proclamation which we are in the process of memorizing (It has been a long process).

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO SO SO cute! You have the cutest little family!

    ReplyDelete