Sunday, March 2

You Know You Are Tired When...

*You take a shower and put the conditioner in your hair before the shampoo. (I got out and realized that I had also forgotten to shave my legs which was the main purpose of the shower.)

*You begin screaming and shouting crazily "WHO ARE YOU?" at the big man who is in your room late at night, only to wake up and realize that it is your husband kindly waking you up like you asked him. (oops, sorry Haini)

*You fail to look at the caller ID and rush into a phone conversation only to realize that it is a completely different person in a completely different state. (oops, sorry Dalynn)

*You squeeze your 2 1/2 year old linebacker son into your little 7 month baby's diaper. (oops, sorry  Sitani)

*You find that same pile of laundry that was once dirty and now is clean to be in that same huge pile on your floor, not folded, not hung up, and now getting mixed with new dirty clothes.

*You doze off while editing a students paper only to be startled by a quiet sweet little voice saying, "Mrs. Sugu, are you tired?"

Well that is right... Mrs. Sugu is tired and it is completely my own fault.  I made the fun mistake of joining our ward's women basketball team only to find myself in the midst of some very serious ballers who could totally be in a girl version of the LDS film "Church Ball." 

We have been having practices from 5:00 to 7:00 a.m. every morning for the past three weeks.  We have gone for these crazy long runs together and even  managed to squeeze in two Saturday practices.  (Sitani loved that!)  Well, needless to say we are very serious about winning Regionals.  I complain that I am tired, but deep inside I am loving that feeling of being on a team again. (don't laugh, even if it connected with R.S.)   The girls are really fun and we have totally bonded.  I laugh inside at how competitive and serious this thing, not to mention way out of control, is that I got myself into. Hey maybe they will induct me into the "Cultural Hall of  Fame".  Hahaha (okay, that was a "mom joke"  sorry).

P.S. I totally recommend the movie.  Haini and I love those cheesy church movies and this one was CA'RACKIN us up.

12 comments:

  1. I am still laughing so hard. Kristi, you ought to write a newspaper column. You could make a mint with your off-handed humor; even the "mom" joke. I could picture every situation. What a life. I love it. Go,Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your little comment button almost disappeared it is so teeny. Good thing I have super oogly eyes. LOL

    Okay Kristi, I read your blog out loud to Will because he is sitting here on the couch next to me and I was laughing because Will plays for the church ball team too. And, well, its pretty fair to say that you girls would kick their sorry butts any day. They don't practice - just show up for tournaments on THursday nights. LOL.

    Okay for reals, I can't believe how competitive your church team is. Good job on being part of something that is kicking you out of bed that early in the morning. I wouldn't have the endurance to stick with that. Wow it almost sounds like a highschool or college team.

    Oh, and Will chimed in and said "Yes, Kristi takes her basketball VERY seriously."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohoo for team sports! And double whoohoo for a team that is serious and competitive about it! Sometimes its just fun to get out there and have a fun time, but mostly its a lot more fun when you get out there and win! heehee - good luck! What's with all of my exclamation points?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi, this is so funny, I keep coming back to it just to laugh again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi,
    You are so funny... then again you always were a good time. Thanks for all the laughs

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are crazy girl. Our team is undefeated, but I would hate to go up against yours. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny! Dang girl how do you fit everything in?

    Are you in utah? Do you enjoy teaching? How long? Well i taught kindergarten for a couple of years and i just took off this year to stay at home with Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the so tired thing. You are so funny. I can sooo relate, except I don't even have a basketball team to blame it on. Luke and I both got a good laugh out of it.

    Good luck with your womens team. You'll have to keep us updated on your wins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I have another idea "You know you are too busy when...."

    you can get ready for the day in two minutes flat. (this explains my appearance now a days)

    you only sit down for a meal once a week.

    You are lucky if you can clean your bathrooms once a month..(this one I'm a little embarrassed to even mention)

    You find your self still wearing your PJ bottums at the end of the day and you even went out of the house in them. :)

    It's a good week if you got to shave your legs once that week. (Sometimes it's once every two weeks. Should I be telling people this???)

    Okay mine aren't as funny as yours. But, I thought I would give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristi, you are so funny! That is the wonderful attitue we all love about you! I just can't beleive you have practice, and you go running as a team, WOW! Good luck with it all. I stink at basketball, but when chuch volleyball was going on, I lived for that, but I would have never got out of bed to go running:) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wait how do you know Jon and Brittany McCully? They are cousins to my VERY best friend growing up. well brittany is. that is so crazy to how it is such a small world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this blog. I can totally picture you doing all of it. And it was fun to read Jenn's added tiredness notes. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete