Sunday, March 16

Super Macho Mark the Motorcycle Man

I have never had much to do with motorcycles. When I was around 8, I remember finally being able to ride that little yellow motorcycle that Uncle Cornell gave us.  My turn had finally come and mom said that I was big enough.  I got on the bike and the boys explained how the gas thing worked and sure enough as soon as they let go, I remember blasting off down into mom's flower bed. I still remember how scared I was of any motorcycle that came near me. Then about two months before Daniel and I were suppose to leave for our missions, we were on his dirt bike on the back roads of Drain.  He decided to let me drive so we switched positions. I was on the front and he was on the back. Once again he explained the gas thing and then sure enough I gassed it too fast and we went flying.  It jerked Daniel and so he was up on top of me, which only made me gas it even further. Thanks to that tree, we were able to stop and Daniel and I both went flying. Needless to say, I am never trying it again.  I will just ride on the back.  
Well, we have long awaited the past two weeks for the day when Mark would race his motorcycle. Yesterday, Sitani, Marley and I got in the car and drove to Heber to find this big muddy, gaseous, and loud building full of this sport that I have never really seen. As soon as we got in there, I knew that Sitani would love it.  There was little kids just barely 4 years old racing motorcycles and lil 4 wheelers. It was so awesome and I hope that all of Mark and Laura's kids race, so we can watch more.  It was cool to watch Mark race and he did really good. Sitani can't stop talking about motorcycles now.  I tried to take some pics but it was really smoky in there but here are some of Super Macho Mark the Motorcycle Man.
 This was the start.  He is 7318.



7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so awesome. Way to go Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! I never raced but I loved riding behind friends. That's the safe spot, uh Kristi.
    Maybe someday we'll get to see Mark race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I knew Mark like motorcycles but had no idea he raced them. COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I think I'm even more excited than Sitani & even a bit jealous. I want to do that!!! Jenni, please?!?!?

    I don't think that is going to happen considering our landlord has more metal plates and screws in his leg, then is actually on a motorbike and it all had to do with motocross.

    I can dream can't I?

    When Preston gets bigger he is going to go visit his cousin & Uncle Mark on vacation with me right in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool Dad Mark is going to make. Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming Kristi and family. Mark really appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for people to know.

    ReplyDelete