Tuesday, January 26

Consistency

"Our consistency in doing seemingly small things can lead to significant spiritual results."

I taught a lesson in RS last week and it was taken from Elder Bednar's last talk in conference "More Diligent and Concerned at Home". He gives three suggestions 1) Express Love- and Show It 2) Bear Testimony -Live it 3) Be Consistent.

Consistency has a been a word that has been in my head a lot lately. He states,
"What we KNOW is not often reflected in what we DO."

"We are not merely striving to know more; rather, we need to consistently do more of what we know is right and become better."

I have thought about my own inconsistencies and how I have such a great example from my parents. When I hear the word consistent, I immediately think of my parent's consistent example in LIVING the gospel. Growing up, they were consistent in scripture study, family prayer, and family home evenings. I don't think I could have had better examples. Thanks mom and dad!!! We love and appreciate you. (Since I don't have a phone, this is my way of telling you)... and I know that dad, you are the families #1 blogger. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Consistency ... How did you do it? I always sit back and remember. I admire!!!
2010 goal = be more consistent

6 comments:

  1. What fun pictures of your family! Being a parent so makes you appreciate your own parents. It's the hardest, but most worthwhile job in the world, in my opinion. Consistency is important and a worthy goal, but I think you and your husband are also offering your kiddos some other wonderful things like reveling in the moment, enjoying each of them in the stage they are in, and having a great sense of humor. Those are things that I think they will thank you for, too, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Now I'm consistently crying. Thanks for all the kind words, but most of all thanks for being the daughter that you are. It was so good with such wonderful kids. Thanks for the picture memories. I needed that tonight. I'll be sure to show dad in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was precious! Loved the pictures. What a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, So i'm at the public library because we don't have internet at home and i'm trying to hid the happy tears that are steaming down my face. We have the best parents ever! Everytime i see pictures of growing up I always thing of Dad who started the tradition of giving us the CD's of scanned pictures. And the picture of mom holding Sitanti while Dad is giving him a kiss, wow. That will be a treasured picture forever. Thanks Mom and Dad for your example and thanks Kristi for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Kristi your still the most beautiful bride I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete